Sunday, November 06, 2005

"A day (and night) at the cemetery"

Cemeteries aren't scary at all.

Especially when it's November one and two, the time of year where everyone in the country visit their loved ones who have passed away. That's because you're surrounded by so many other loved ones (that are still alive, let me point out) and you're all there simply to have fun.

Here is my Lola (grandmother), smiling and having a great time with her children, grandchildren, and off course, husband, who is six feet below her. Notice how there isn't a trace of sadness in her face? That's my Lola!

And she was so nice to set a plate of noodles for Lolo (grandfather).

Tito Jesse, Papa Joseph, Tatay Bert.
Three uncles of mine in a row.


Here are only 1/12th of my cousins (except for the girl being strangled, she's my sister).
One is endorsing McDonalds, one is in a playfully murderous mood, One just wants to smile, while the McDonalads cousin goes off and plays with the zips.

It's the peanut man!!!

Once night time came, the little children started to play and run around like crazy. They're like werewolves I tell ya!

My Titas (Aunts) chatting.


Next time on I Heart Manila:
Because I chose to stay an extra week in Cavite since the cemetery experience, all the photos in my upcoming posts will all be about life there. I've divided them into different categories, so I wouldn't get confused. Mind you, there's a lot of them.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

gaganda ng mga pix.

i'm sure your grandma is happy right now. if she can only see those photos you posted, no doubt she will be at peace.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger shiney teeth and me said...

nice shots... yeah, i used photoshop to isolate the red colour... then i used layers to allow the rest of the image to be in grayscale. i can go into more detail if you want to hear more

but yeah, your shots a beautiful too

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger DanieL said...

hi ralph!

i've been lurking through your page for quite sometime--usually on voyeur mode. i like your photographs. your photographs of people manage to capture feelings and emotions. it's something that i can't do. great work!

were the tagaytay pictures taken with a kodak or the leica?

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Ralph Hilaga said...

Hey all thanks for the comments! Very kind of you...

Hey shiney teeth! Actually I'd like to know more on how you do it. I've tried to attempt that kind of result a lot, but it never turned out right. Thanks :D

And daniel, i took the tagaytay shots with the koadk cam. My leica one is currently (thinking of right word) out of order. There's something wrong with it's internal memory. Thanks for coming out of lurk mode :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home